A monthly roundup of information relevant to businesses found on the Village of River Forest’s website. Curated by the OPRF Chamber’s Business Advocacy Committee and prepared in advance of the monthly Board meeting
1) Northside Stormwater Management Project
Work on the Northside Stormwater Management Project began on Monday, April 6, 2015
On January 26, 2015, the Village Board of Trustees awarded a bid for construction of Phase 1 of the Northside Stormwater Management Project (NSMP). We expect this project to begin around April 1, 2015 and last through November 2015.
- A separate storm sewer system will significantly reduce basement backups caused by sewer backup.
• On-street flooding will be significantly improved. The new storm system will provide new capacity that will discharge storm water directly to the Des Plaines River.
• All the streets being constructed will be resurfaced curb to curb once the project is completed.
A dedicated website about the Northside Stormwater Management Project can be accessed at http://nsmp.vrf.us/
2) 2014-2015 Capital Improvement Projects – Green Alleys
The Village of River Forest was fortunate enough to receive an Illinois Green Infrastructure Grant (IGIG) and will be using it to install permeable paver alleys in the Village. These installations will help prevent standing water, filter pollutants from the stormwater runoff, and drastically improve the driving surface as compared to the existing deteriorated asphalt.
Ash Tree Removal – Frequently Asked Questions
3) State of the Village Video – President Adduci
On May 16, 2014, River Forest Board President Catherine Adduci was a speaker at the OPRF Chamber of Commerce State of the Villages Economic Luncheon. Video of the President Adduci’s State of the Village presentation (courtesy of the Village of Oak Park and the OPRF Chamber of Commerce) can be found by clicking below.
4) PROPOSAL FOR THE PLANNED DEVELOPMENT APPLICATION OF ROOSEVELT MIDDLE SCHOOL EXTERIOR SITE IMPROVEMENTS RF PUBLIC SCHOOLS -DISTRICT 90
5) River Forest Government Agendas and Minutes